Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crayons

Just a random Leo picture... we seem to have an extreme case of lazy-itis around here!

One of the reasons I have a hard time posting here on my own blog is that I spend hours and hours looking at everyone else's blogs. There are so many talented people out there it's ridiculous!
I love that blogging has really opened up the availability of "meeting" people and seeing their work that otherwise you'd know nothing about.
I have recently stumbled upon loads of great sketchbook and illustration blogs, and am loving them all.
I have been a doodler and have loved to draw for most of my life, but haven't always been consistent about it. I remember used to spend hours and hours drawing horses and ladies in fashionable clothes. I still have a few of my sketch books from back then.
Remember Brenda Starr?
I used to color the back of the comic strip and black crayon and trace pictures of Brenda over and over again. As a result, most of the ladies I drew on my own always had super long lashes and a sparkle in their eye.
To this day, I still love the smell of crayons. As a matter of fact, I just bought a jumbo box of them at Target. I couldn't resist!
Who knows? I may even get around to starting a sketchbook again.



No comments: